Parent University increases parents’ personal, professional and leadership skills to support and encourage their students’ academic success and transition to post-secondary education.
The Parent University delivers a series of parenting workshops to assist parents in their own personal and career development and to strengthen support of their children’s academic success and transition to higher education. The goal is to provide a learning community that will increase parent involvement in their children’s education.
- Sessions offered in fall and spring
- Parents who attend at least 10 sessions during
schoolyear will receive a Certificate of Completion at a graduation ceremony.
- Gain knowledge of the educational system and a post-secondary education roadmap
- Discover strategies to become active participants in the education of their children
- Engage in personal growth opportunities
- Become familiar with community resources to support individual and family needs
- Childcare provided during all sessions